Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] rmo555@cox.net is offline

Default Looking for software to convert formats

Specifically, at the moment, I'd like to convert MP3s to WAV files. But
I will probably want to, in the future, convert other file formats.
Hope someone can come up with freeware. I found Audacity - but they
want a yearly fee. Thanks............
Posted to rec.audio.misc
Jim Gibson[_2_] Jim Gibson[_2_] is offline

Specifically, at the moment, I'd like to convert MP3s to WAV files. But
I will probably want to, in the future, convert other file formats.
Hope someone can come up with freeware. I found Audacity - but they
want a yearly fee. Thanks............

There is nothing an the Audacity home page about a yearly fee:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

They say this:

"Is Audacity really free? Why?

Yes, Audacity is completely free, open source software."

It is distributed under the GNU General Public License (free as in free
beer). I have been using it for years for free without paying any fee
or being asked at any time for any payment.

--
Jim Gibson
Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] rmo555@cox.net is offline

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:23:36 -0800, Jim Gibson

Specifically, at the moment, I'd like to convert MP3s to WAV files. But
I will probably want to, in the future, convert other file formats.
Hope someone can come up with freeware. I found Audacity - but they
want a yearly fee. Thanks............

There is nothing an the Audacity home page about a yearly fee:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

They say this:

"Is Audacity really free? Why?

Yes, Audacity is completely free, open source software."

It is distributed under the GNU General Public License (free as in free
beer). I have been using it for years for free without paying any fee
or being asked at any time for any payment.

My mistake. I was referring to AVS4YOU.