Posted to rec.audio.pro
Barry[_5_] Barry[_5_] is offline

Default M-audio Delta 1010 Card desired

Howdy, all. Barry B here.. not sure to whom this post will be attributed
by Thunderbird....

I just picked up what I thought was another M-Audio Delta 1010 system
from Shopgoodwill.com to add to an old desktop DAW that already has one
of those systems installed. Unfortunately, all that they sent me was
the breakout box; no cable or internal card. The cable isn't that
important.. I think that's just a standard 25 pin cable you can pick up
anywhere... but the breakout box is unusable without the card.

Does anyone have an unused/undesired but working internal computer card
(PCIe, I think, but I don't remember) for this system they'd be willing
to part with, and maybe the cable? I'd, of course, be willing to provide
some compensation.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah[_6_] Tobiah[_6_] is offline

So you have the keys, and just need the car to go with it

Plenty on eBay, around $100. Just curious, why the 1010?
Do you plan to clock sync it to the existing card?

On 4/13/21 11:07 AM, Barry wrote:
Howdy, all. Barry B here.. not sure to whom this post will be
attributed by Thunderbird....

I just picked up what I thought was another M-Audio Delta 1010 system
from Shopgoodwill.com to add to an old desktop DAW that already has
one of those systems installed. Unfortunately, all that they sent me
was the breakout box; no cable or internal card. The cable isn't that
important.. I think that's just a standard 25 pin cable you can pick
up anywhere... but the breakout box is unusable without the card.

Does anyone have an unused/undesired but working internal computer
card (PCIe, I think, but I don't remember) for this system they'd be
willing to part with, and maybe the cable? I'd, of course, be willing
to provide some compensation.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Barry[_5_] Barry[_5_] is offline

I already have a complete M-audio Delta 1010 system in my original
desktop DAW. It's always worked well, although I do much more location
work these days and use a laptop and a USB interface for that. I picked
up a second 1010 because you can slave the together, and for $24 I
couldn't pass up the opportunity to cheaply and easily add another 10
channels of I/O. Seller didn't mention that the card was not included,
and had advertised it as "M-Audio Delta 1010 2496 Recording System."
Figured that meant "system" and not "breakout box only." Oh well.

Still looking, if anyone wants to part with the card. Thanks.On
4/13/2021 7:41 PM, Tobiah wrote:
So you have the keys, and just need the car to go with it

Plenty on eBay, around $100.Â* Just curious, why the 1010?

On 4/13/21 11:07 AM, Barry wrote:
Howdy, all. Barry B here.. not sure to whom this post will be
attributed by Thunderbird....

I just picked up what I thought was another M-Audio Delta 1010 system
from Shopgoodwill.com to add to an old desktop DAW that already has
one of those systems installed.Â* Unfortunately, all that they sent me
was the breakout box; no cable or internal card. The cable isn't that
important.. I think that's just a standard 25 pin cable you can pick
up anywhere... but the breakout box is unusable without the card.

Does anyone have an unused/undesired but working internal computer
card (PCIe, I think, but I don't remember) for this system they'd be
willing to part with, and maybe the cable? I'd, of course, be willing
to provide some compensation.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 4/15/2021 12:03 PM, Barry wrote:
Seller didn't mention that the card was not included, and had advertised
it as "M-Audio Delta 1010 2496 Recording System."

Did you contact the seller and ask where the card was? It's probably in
his sock drawer and he just didn't remember that it was part of the system.

Some people selling audio gear don't have a clue and just read what's on
the package or the chassis - They aren't trying to be dishonest, they
just don't know when they're lying. But most sellers, particularly on
sales web sites like Reverb, have a pretty good idea of whether they
have the whole system or just some spare parts (that someone will
appreciate, cheap).

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Barry[_5_] Barry[_5_] is offline

Thanks for the reply, Mike. Yes, I did, and I was pretty sure it was an
honest mistake; it was an online charity auction and they didn't know
any better. There's a card on Reverb right now, but it's listed for $69.
By the time I buy that, build or buy a power supply, and snag a cable,
I'll have at least $125 into it. For what it is, that's still not bad,
but wouldn't have gone for it at that total price... won't get enough
use to justify it. Would rather put that money into the HV-3 fund...

I'll keep looking... or just pass the box on to someone who can use it.
Again, if anyone out there has an unused card they'd like to part with,
please let me know.

On 4/15/2021 12:23 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 4/15/2021 12:03 PM, Barry wrote:
Seller didn't mention that the card was not included, and had
advertised it as "M-Audio Delta 1010 2496 Recording System."

Did you contact the seller and ask where the card was? It's probably in
his sock drawer and he just didn't remember that it was part of the system.

Some people selling audio gear don't have a clue and just read what's on
the package or the chassis - They aren't trying to be dishonest, they
just don't know when they're lying. But most sellers, particularly on
sales web sites like Reverb, have a pretty good idea of whether they
have the whole system or just some spare parts (that someone will
appreciate, cheap).

Posted to rec.audio.pro
James Price[_6_] James Price[_6_] is offline

On Friday, April 16, 2021 at 11:34:51 AM UTC-5, Barry wrote:
[...]

You might get lucky with this auction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/M-Audio-Del...4AAOSwDIBgfiIt
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Barry[_5_] Barry[_5_] is offline

That's a 1010LT card. Different card. I'm looking for a 1010 PCI card.

On 4/20/2021 12:17 AM, James Price wrote:

You might get lucky with this auction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/M-Audio-Del...4AAOSwDIBgfiIt

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Barry[_5_] Barry[_5_] is offline

Just a quick followup... I've located and purchased a card, so all set.
Thanks.

On 4/13/2021 2:07 PM, Barry wrote:
Howdy, all. Barry B here.. not sure to whom this post will be attributed
by Thunderbird....

I just picked up what I thought was another M-Audio Delta 1010 system
from Shopgoodwill.com to add to an old desktop DAW that already has one
of those systems installed.Â* Unfortunately, all that they sent me was