Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris K-Man Chris K-Man is offline

Default Broadcasting Q: Announcing The Time on The Radio

I've noticed it for about ten years, maybe mo

The announcer/other on-air personality more often than not tells the wrong time! Typically the wrong hour. Happpens when either Standard or Daylight Saving is in effect.

"Mostly clear skies, twenty five degrees at 12 minutes past 5"(it's 6:12 as I'm typing this).

What KIND OF CLOCK do most AM/FM radio stations have on their wall, if any nowadays?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"Theck-Mama" the village idiot double-posted in message

I've noticed it for about ten years, maybe mo

But you've boasted that you don't know what "ten" means, li'l buddy. And you
don't need to double-post, unless you're admitting that you're
double-retarded.

The announcer/other on-air personality more often than not tells the wrong
time! Typically the wrong hour. Happpens when either Standard or Daylight
Saving is in effect.
"Mostly clear skies, twenty five degrees at 12 minutes past 5"(it's 6:12
as I'm typing this)

Oh, look, the dumb-**** dropped a fresh word-salad turd about daylight
saving time. How cute! And what a predictable troll ...

What KIND OF CLOCK do most AM/FM radio stations have on their wall, if any
nowadays?

It probably just needs to have the video calibrated and the tire pressure
adjusted several times per day.

HTH, LB. FCKWAFA! LKDSAIH.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2/24/2021 6:17 AM, Chris K-Man wrote:
"Mostly clear skies, twenty five degrees at 12 minutes past 5"(it's 6:12 as I'm typing this).

My turn to ask you a dumb question. Are you sure you're listening to a
local station, or at least one in the same time zone? I'm in the Eastern
time zone but the station that I listen to most of the time when I just
want to hear music and I don't care what kind, is on Central time, so
it's an hour earlier there than here.

When they announce the time, I just look at my watch.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 08:51:06 -0500, Mike Rivers
wrote:

On 2/24/2021 6:17 AM, Chris K-Man wrote:
"Mostly clear skies, twenty five degrees at 12 minutes past 5"(it's 6:12 as I'm typing this).

My turn to ask you a dumb question. Are you sure you're listening to a
local station, or at least one in the same time zone? I'm in the Eastern
time zone but the station that I listen to most of the time when I just
want to hear music and I don't care what kind, is on Central time, so
it's an hour earlier there than here.

When they announce the time, I just look at my watch.

I always listen on Radio Garden

http://radio.garden/listen

Any time zone, any part of the world.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 8:51:06 AM UTC-5, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 2/24/2021 6:17 AM, Chris K-Man wrote:
"Mostly clear skies, twenty five degrees at 12 minutes past 5"(it's 6:12 as I'm typing this).

My turn to ask you a dumb question. Are you sure you're listening to a
local station, or at least one in the same time zone? I'm in the Eastern
time zone but the station that I listen to most of the time when I just
want to hear music and I don't care what kind, is on Central time, so
it's an hour earlier there than here.

When they announce the time, I just look at my watch.

________

I live in the NY Tri-State area. The station in question is WABC AM, 770

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 25/02/2021 12:17 am, Chris K-Man wrote:
I've noticed it for about ten years, maybe mo

The announcer/other on-air personality more often than not tells the wrong time! Typically the wrong hour. Happpens when either Standard or Daylight Saving is in effect.

"Mostly clear skies, twenty five degrees at 12 minutes past 5"(it's 6:12 as I'm typing this).

What KIND OF CLOCK do most AM/FM radio stations have on their wall, if any nowadays?

"More often that not", or "very occasionally" ?

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 25/02/2021 12:17 am, Chris K-Man wrote:
I've noticed it for about ten years, maybe mo

The announcer/other on-air personality more often than not tells the wrong time! Typically the wrong hour. Happpens when either Standard or Daylight Saving is in effect.

"Mostly clear skies, twenty five degrees at 12 minutes past 5"(it's 6:12 as I'm typing this).

What KIND OF CLOCK do most AM/FM radio stations have on their wall, if any nowadays?

What really ****s me off is when posters more often than not put an
extra letter in a word. Typically an extra p in 'happens'. Occurs either
in English (USA), English (UK/AUS/NZ/etc).

What kind of spell-checker do they have on their computer, if any nowadays ?

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 7:18:42 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 25/02/2021 12:17 am, Chris K-Man wrote:
I've noticed it for about ten years, maybe mo

The announcer/other on-air personality more often than not tells the wrong time! Typically the wrong hour. Happpens when either Standard or Daylight Saving is in effect.

"Mostly clear skies, twenty five degrees at 12 minutes past 5"(it's 6:12 as I'm typing this).

What KIND OF CLOCK do most AM/FM radio stations have on their wall, if any nowadays?

What really ****s me off is when posters more often than not put an
extra letter in a word. Typically an extra p in 'happens'. Occurs either
in English (USA), English (UK/AUS/NZ/etc).

What kind of spell-checker do they have on their computer, if any nowadays ?

geoff

______

Why don't you just offer some insight to the topic?

By the way it's a tablet - I don't have teensy
Twitter fingers like someone I know, plus I have disabled all automatic features under keyboard settings
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 13:18:28 +1300, geoff
wrote:

On 25/02/2021 12:17 am, Chris K-Man wrote:
I've noticed it for about ten years, maybe mo

The announcer/other on-air personality more often than not tells the wrong time! Typically the wrong hour. Happpens when either Standard or Daylight Saving is in effect.

"Mostly clear skies, twenty five degrees at 12 minutes past 5"(it's 6:12 as I'm typing this).

What KIND OF CLOCK do most AM/FM radio stations have on their wall, if any nowadays?

What really ****s me off is when posters more often than not put an
extra letter in a word. Typically an extra p in 'happens'. Occurs either
in English (USA), English (UK/AUS/NZ/etc).

What kind of spell-checker do they have on their computer, if any nowadays ?

geoff

Or the increasing American habit of putting extra words where they
don't belong. Like adding the word "at" to "where are you". Or
inserting the word "of" into a phrase like "inside the house". It is
caused by ignorance of grammar and word usage. In this case, "inside"
is a preposition. Of course you can say "the inside of the house"
where "inside" is a noun.

I know. Blank looks.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"Theck Tard, village idiot" wrote in message

Why don't you just offer some insight to the topic?

Apparently, you're the only one who gives a **** about your own stupity,
which was the topic of your original post. Of course, it was also a troll
about daylight saving time, but like so much of your pathetic life, that was
a failure.

By the way it's a tablet - I don't have teensy
Twitter fingers like someone I know, plus I have disabled all
automatic features under keyboard settings

Nobody gives a **** about that either, li'l buddy. So sad. I guess you'll
just gave to go eat worms.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
david gourley[_6_] david gourley[_6_] is offline

(Don Pearce) -
september.org:

wrote:

[...]

I think you're absolutely correct and it is annoying. You should hear it
in the "south" where I live. Don't get me started on redundancies like
"exact same" or "divide it down" or "separate it out...." I hear that a
lot, and it's like fingers on a chalkboard to me.

david

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris K-Man Chris K-Man is offline

On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 10:32:06 AM UTC-5, david gourley wrote:
(Don Pearce) -
september.org:
wrote:

[...]

_______

Back to topic: WHAT TYPE OF CLOCK, if any, do they have on the studio wall inside radio stations these days?

Difital? Or hands? Hours and minutes? or just minutes?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

wrote:

[...]

"Please do this already" is one that I have trouble with. In this
time-space-contiuum at least ...

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

wrote:

[...]

Maybe this was posted here in error. Should have been in rec.time.announcing

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 12:09:30 +1300, geoff
wrote:

Or the increasing American habit of putting extra words where they
don't belong. Like adding the word "at" to "where are you". Or
inserting the word "of" into a phrase like "inside the house". It is
caused by ignorance of grammar and word usage. In this case, "inside"
is a preposition. Of course you can say "the inside of the house"
where "inside" is a noun.

I know. Blank looks.

"Please do this already" is one that I have trouble with. In this
time-space-contiuum at least ...

geoff

The time problem is worse than that. "Momentarily" now somehow means
"soon". And "regular" no longer means at evenly spaced intervals, it
means midrange. The language is falling apart apace.