Eric

Default help/equipment wanted for a/d/s ph15

I have an a/d/s PH15 amplifier from ebay. When I bought it I didn't
realize that it didn't have its own crossover, it didn't even occur to
me. What's done is done though and now I need to decide whether I should
sell it and buy another unit with a crossover or get a crossover to use
with it. I can't seem to find the a/d/s companion unit 642csi. The other
option I've heard of is an audio control 4xs. Does anyone have any other
inexpensive recommendations or units they're not using they're willing to
sell to me? Cheaper is better, $30 used area is good. Easier is better
also, I'd rather not mess with resistors too much. If this is
unreasonable I'll just sell and get a different amp.

What I'm going for is components in the doors, rear fill (I'd like to use
the stock ones but low level and limited range as changing them in my
Camry is too much effort) and a sub. I have an alpine cda-8905 head unit
which has 3 sets of rcas, front, rear and sub. I assume I will only be
using the back and front rcas to a crossover which will derive the sub
signal from them. I am interested in using a jl audio microsub (8.1 or
8.2) run off two bridged channels. I assume I'll need a y adapter
omewhere to combine the left and right signals to one channel to go into
the amp, or will the crossover do this for me, or is it even necessary?
I'm considering a/d/s 234is components in the front ($165 on ebay new),
any other recommendations for similar money? Right now I have boston fx4
coaxials and want better.
~Eric
MZ

I have a couple a/d/s/ amps with adjustable crossovers for sale if you're
interested. A 6-channel and a 2-channel version. It may or may not turn
out to be cheaper or easier.

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

"Eric" wrote in message
. 239...
[...]

Eric

Okay, so can anyone tell me anything about this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...76&category=14
931&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1 preferably before the auction
closes? ~Eric

"MZ" wrote in
:

I have a couple a/d/s/ amps with adjustable crossovers for sale if
you're interested. A 6-channel and a 2-channel version. It may or
may not turn out to be cheaper or easier.

mtltdi

I just got one of these PH15 amps with the 642 csi,

If you decide to go non-a/d/s/ for the crossover, you will have to ge
an 8 pin DIN to RCA adapter. If you find a 642csi, you'll need
male-male 8 pin DIN cable. I had a hard time finding one, but now it'
running very well.

Let me know if you need more info
--
mtltd
mtltdi's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...hp?userid=2764

John Durbin

We still have pretty much all of the DIN-RCA adapter cables in stock...

JD

www.adst.com

mtltdi wrote:

I just got one of these PH15 amps with the 642 csi,

If you decide to go non-a/d/s/ for the crossover, you will have to get
an 8 pin DIN to RCA adapter. If you find a 642csi, you'll need a
male-male 8 pin DIN cable. I had a hard time finding one, but now it's