Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Sander deWaal

Pooh Bear said:

You will note that my recently acquired Pioneer stable platter player
sounds way better after I've filled it up to its top with concrete,
note.

Platter ? Vinyl ?

The Pioneer Stable Platter mechanisms are CD mechanisms.
The CD is put upside down on a platter, the laser reads info from
above it.
Less reading errors due to less resonances of the CD leads to better
sound, so they say.
I just like the way they're built (the heavy ones, note, not the cheap
knockoffs).
It's been a good transport so far after my TEAC died, but I'm
intending of using the concertor board of the TEAC. Sounded just
better to my ears (ooohhh, that's a *subjective* opinion!).
..
My Garrard 401 rumbles like crazy if you don't mount it in a 'block of stone' !

Get a Michell Gyrodeck :-)

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."