Posted to rec.audio.pro
Destin_FL Destin_FL is offline

Default can I lock the input source wave level in sound card? Windows?

Hello,
I'm wondering if there is a way to semi-forever lock the "wave level" in my
sound card? It is separate from the Master Volume, and seems to be affected by
every little thing that goes through the sound card. If I switch from WMP 10 to
Winamp, the wave volume is lowered and I have to go in and move it back up...
from iTunes to WMP10 .... from Winamp to iTunes... blah blah blah, every little
thing moves that 'input source' "wave level" volume and I have to manually go in
and fix it again in the sound card volume controls.

Any ideas?

For what its worth:
Turtle Beach Catalina card
Windows XP SP2

Tim

Posted to rec.audio.pro
theclyde theclyde is offline

I have noticed that too. Frustrated me to all end that some apps would
adjust he wave volume and some the master volume. Now I have replaced
the soundcard with an external interface that has a volume knob. I do
not touch the software volume levels in my various media players.

Otherwise - if you can do not use more than 1 player. WMP, Winamp,
iTunes - pick ane and stay with it. Sucks as an alternative, but so
does WMP and iTunes