thelizman

Default SPAM New software for vehicles: MyRide

Below I have attached a copy of a message posted by user radsoftware via
supernews to several newsgroups on usenet. This posting is in violation
of every single usenet charter relevent to these groups - it is
unsolicited and commercial in nature, and not relevent to these groups.

Simply censuring this individual will not be sufficient. In accordance
with recent federal legislation, your service is criminally liable for
facilitating this SPAM. I have to ask that your immediately discontinue
this individuals access to your services.

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

From: "Knology Newsgroups"
Newsgroups:
alt.autos.antique,rec.audio.car,rec.autos.4x4,rec. autos.antique,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.c hrysler,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,rec.autos.m akers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.auto s.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.mazda.m
Subject: New software for vehicles: MyRide
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:17:11 -0500
rec.autos.4x4:271297 rec.autos.antique:88677 rec.autos.driving:543016
rec.autos.makers.chrysler:240086 rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer:140061
rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang:549260 rec.autos.makers.honda:422791
rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys:521658

RAD Software has just developed and released a new software program called
MyRide-- If you like to use computers and you like to keep track of
important information about your bike, you might want to check it out...

MyRide is Windows-based software that manages information about your 'Ride',
whether car(s), motorcycle(s), ATV(s), whatever. With MyRide, you can enter
important information about your vehicle (actually, up to 15 different
vehicles). Besides the basic information, such as year, make, model, VIN#,
Lic#, and so on, there are also, for each vehicle, separate tabs for:

1) Maintenance/Repair History
2) Accessories, add-on, aftermarket goodies you've added
3) A trip/rally/road event log
4) A gasoline usage/mileage log

Each entry in each tab also has a large notepad where you can keep comments,
notes, or narrative about that particular entry. Further, total costs are
calculated automatically for each tab category. In the 'Gas Usage' tab, even
mile-per-gallon averages are automatically calculated for individual entries
AND overall total average MPG.

You can also display a digital picture of your ride in your entry! The
picture can be enlarged so you can better admire your pride-and-joy, and
even printed!

If you like to use computers and you like to keep track of important
information about your ride(s), MyRide is a great way of keeping all of that
information in one secure, easy-to-use location. You can download a
completely self-contained installation file at

http://hometown.aol.com/delaroderie/samples/w95-mr.exe

This is a free fully-functional evaluation version that you can use as much
as you want for about 30 days. If you decide you like it, you can order it
by phone toll free 24/7, or online, or by mailing me an order form,
whichever is convenient to you. Only $15 (not a typo-- $15). All of the
ordering options are available from within the program for your convenience.

You can visit RAD Software's at www.bigfoot.com/~radsoftware and see that
it's a legitimate site. If you are (wisely) concerned about downloading
files on the internet, let me assure you of the following:

1) RAD Software has been distributing software since 1987 and has NEVER
included any kind of adware, spyware, virus, trojan, backdoor code,
monitoring code, and the like.

2) RAD Software programs always include a one-click UNinstall option that
completely removes the program from your computer.

If you have any more questions about MyRide, please ask, or even better,
install it and see for yourself why it's being so well-received so far.

Lee

thelizman wrote:
*Below I have attached a copy of a message posted by user radsoftwar
via supernews to several newsgroups on usenet. This posting is i
violation of every single usenet charter relevent to these groups ..
*

Nice job, you just gave this offender much enjoyed additiona
advertising by your posting their add as well. Do you secretly wor
for them or are you accepting payment to "float" their ads to give the
greater exposure? I think reposting offending posts in their entiret
is a violation of AUP of this newsgroup.

If you are actually serious about trying to affect change with regard
to this user, you should direct your correspondence to supernews abus
department:
-
Le
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread:
http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17658

thelizman

Lee wrote:
Nice job, you just gave this offender much enjoyed additional
advertising by your posting their add as well. Do you secretly work
for them or are you accepting payment to "float" their ads to give them
greater exposure? I think reposting offending posts in their entirety
is a violation of AUP of this newsgroup.

If you are actually serious about trying to affect change with regards
to this user, you should direct your correspondence to supernews abuse
department:

Hey clueless newbie...look at the header. I sent it to supernews abuse,
and his e-mail providers abuse department, as well as back to the sender
and his ISP.

AUP of this newsgroup? There's no such thing. The only guiding document
of this newsgroup is the charter, CFD, CFV, and erratta posted to
news.announce.newgroups.

I've been at this a while. Just sit back, be quiet, and observe. You
might learn something.

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"
Lee

thelizman wrote:
*Just sit back, be quiet, and observe. You might learn something.*

You mean like how to be a jerk in no uncertain terms? I think I'll pas
.. and btw, how bout you try not to be as offensive as the people yo
complain about -- for starters, why not quietly try and clean up th
trash instead of trying to prove your worthiness by making annoyin
posts out of your complaints?

thelizman wrote:
*I've been at this a while. *

Obviously a slow learner, the goal of experience is to be better no
worse .. I wouldn't go around telling people how long you've bee
around, it makes your behavior even less impressive .. if that'
possible
-
Le
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17658

thelizman

Lee wrote:

. and btw, how bout you try not to be as offensive as the people you
complain about -- for starters, why not quietly try and clean up the
trash instead

You're the one who keeps dumping the trash here. Disconnect your forum
from this newsgroup. If you can't, then at least clean up the crappy
software that keeps making incomprehensibly formatted crap-flooded posts.

Lee's inane pedantry deleted

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than the rec.audio.car newsgroup without the express written
permission of the author is forbidden.