jbicking

Default CD Player Problems

I have a 2002 Cavalier with a CD Player. The CD player seems to play
pre-recorded CD's just fine. However, I have an extensive collection
of CD's and Vinyl that I like to hear, and I don't want to carry
around hundreds of pre-recorded CD's in the car... so I have a
Philips CD recorder in the house as well as a CD burner on the PC. I
have used Memorex blank CDRs - the kind with "Digital Audio" on the
Compact Disc symbol. CD's recorded from the Philips skip and have
lots of static in the car. I've had problems with the Philips CD
Recorder and have had to have it rebuilt, but even after that, the
problem persists (and of course the Philips is now out of warranty).
These same CD's do not have static or skip on my home stereo. CD's
that I record on my PC skip in the Cavalier, but do not skip on the
home stereo or in a 2000 GMC Jimmy's CD player. Sometimes, the CD
recorded on the PC will play fine for a while in the car, then all of
a sudden, it will start skipping or it will have static during
playback.

I know there are a lot of variables here, but can anyone provide any
thoughts or ideas as to what might be the true culprit? Radio where I
live is terrible, so I do play the CD player every time I drive the
car. The CD player in the car is factory, and I'd prefer to stay with
a factory player (tape or CD). I'm a car audio enthusiast to the
point where I want what I have to simply work.

I'm tempted to go back to my Chevy Dealer and just say, "put a tape
deck in...", but that's as pricey as getting a decent CD recorder for
the house. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks! :-)

portable MP3-DVD player Jenny General 0 May 23rd 04 06:01 PM
Looking for a CD player with specific features... George Thorogood General 2 May 11th 04 04:57 PM
Denon problems NYD2 General 2 September 3rd 03 02:00 PM
Looking for a portable CD player with a real resume feature Bice General 0 July 27th 03 04:19 PM
In-Dash MP3 Player question Vickie Car Audio 2 July 13th 03 08:23 PM