Posted to rec.audio.misc,alt.legal
doreen bird doreen bird is offline

Default How find duplicate audio files?

How do I find duplicate audio files? I convert the files (wav, mp3, wma))
that are not clear, or have long sessions so I can to play sound loops. The
files are jumbled.

I want to know which files are duplicates or extracts.

--
Great to be back in transcription after such a long time
Posted to rec.audio.misc,alt.legal
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

doreen bird writes:

How do I find duplicate audio files? I convert the files (wav, mp3, wma))
that are not clear, or have long sessions so I can to play sound loops. The
files are jumbled.

I want to know which files are duplicates or extracts.

Nothing technical I'm aware of.

Technically, you might have a realistic shot of something existing for
WAV, since it's not lossy compression, and a subset of a larger wav
file is something that from a programming perspective could be
automated fairly easily. However, I'm not aware of any software that
exists that does this. Such software might even be able to handle
simple manipulations of WAV such as volume and still characterize them
the same, but any other changes would vastly increase the complexity
of the characterization task.

Characterizing or fingerprinting mp3 or wma in a similar way would
have to involve spectral analysis or some fuzzier, more error prone
measure of similarity to charactize a given file as a possible subset
of others in a library. That would take a great deal more effort.
And again, not something I'm aware of as existing in a commercial
product.

But, ya never know.

Listening to them and characterizing them by duration and content is
probably the unfortunate truth of that task.

--
Todd H toddh.net myspace.com/bmiawmb