Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck[_2_] Peter Wieck[_2_] is offline

Default Non-Polarized Panel-Mount Convenience Recptacles

https://www.unicornelex.com/Non_Pola..._p/36-3800.htm

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, and children of all ages:

For those of us with the awful habit of restoring vintage equipment and who often have a hard time finding these, they fit Dynaco and similar devices.

Peter WIeck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck[_2_] Peter Wieck[_2_] is offline

Update: These fit as-found in a latter day SCA-80Q. I had to file them down a little bit to fit into an SCA-35. Fastener spacing is dead-on, and there is plenty of clearance inside in both cases.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Trevor Wilson[_3_] Trevor Wilson[_3_] is offline

[Arrived late to the moderator due to mail hijinks. - dsr]
[original date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 06:37:49 +1100 ]

On 1/04/2021 10:09 pm, Peter Wieck wrote:
Update: These fit as-found in a latter day SCA-80Q. I had to file them down a little bit to fit into an SCA-35. Fastener spacing is dead-on, and there is plenty of clearance inside in both cases.

**SNAP! I have an ancient SCA-80Q on the bench right now.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck[_2_] Peter Wieck[_2_] is offline

**SNAP! I have an ancient SCA-80Q on the bench right now.

You may need to file them a bit in that case. My unit is a "Blackwood", you likely have a "Jefferson". It took me less than five (5) minutes to file both for the SCA-35.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to rec.audio.high-end

On 9/04/2021 8:50 pm, Peter Wieck wrote:

**SNAP! I have an ancient SCA-80Q on the bench right now.

You may need to file them a bit in that case. My unit is a "Blackwood", you likely have a "Jefferson". It took me less than five (5) minutes to file both for the SCA-35.

**The one I had in was for a failed output stage.

Ya gotta love hipsters. :-)

15 years ago, the thing would have been landfill.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck[_2_] Peter Wieck[_2_] is offline

Just struck me - be sure to do the TIP-Mod on that device before releasing it back into polite society. Most especially applicable to Jefferson Street models (19121 zip-code). And replace the 2N3055 output transistors with 2N3772 devices, matched if you can. It will be a very different amp thereafter.

https://www.updatemydynaco.com/documents/TIPmod.pdf

You will note that the 80 driver board is electronically identical to the 120 driver board as far as the TIP-mod is concerned. Just a lot less space.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA