Posted to rec.audio.pro
prc1 prc1 is offline

Default AKG Battery Pack Belt Clips...?

I have a couple of AKG B18 battery supply boxes for mikes. Both of
them are missing their belt clips. The studs on the case backs
suggest that they twist and lock into place; I'm not sure what the
clips originally looked like as I got the boxes sans clips.

I've contacted AKG here in the the U.S. and am told the clips (part
number 2198Z0501) are no longer available. After an exhaustive web
search I found a vendor in England with them, but the shipping and
handling to the U.S. is easily four times the cost of the clip.

Over the years I've seen a number of these missing their clips, and I
have to wonder: AKG surely couldn't have discontinued such a
commonly-lost part, could they? Is anyone aware of a third-party
solution, maybe, or a good parts source in the States that might have
a backstock of these?

Any help greatly appreciated.
** To respond, remove the crap from my addy... **
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

prc1 wrote:
Over the years I've seen a number of these missing their clips, and I
have to wonder: AKG surely couldn't have discontinued such a
commonly-lost part, could they? Is anyone aware of a third-party
solution, maybe, or a good parts source in the States that might have
a backstock of these?

Go to a shop that sells land-moble radios. Some of the walkie-talkies out
there have removable belt clips, and some of them with a little bit of cut and
paste work might be made to fit some of those packs.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Scott Dorsey wrote:
prc1 wrote:
Over the years I've seen a number of these missing their clips, and I
have to wonder: AKG surely couldn't have discontinued such a
commonly-lost part, could they? Is anyone aware of a third-party
solution, maybe, or a good parts source in the States that might have
a backstock of these?

Go to a shop that sells land-moble radios. Some of the
walkie-talkies out there have removable belt clips, and some of them
with a little bit of cut and paste work might be made to fit some of
those packs. --scott

I can make a belt clip from current PT450 (and many other models) AKG
wireless belt-packs fit a B29L and look/function well. Part number is
2932Z16010 . That's a 'zed' in the middle, or 'zee' if you're a yank.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
prc1 prc1 is offline

On this suggestion I've looked at the clip for the PT450. It appears
VERY similar to the B29 clip, which I also have. Unfortunately the
B18 has a protuberance on one side that destroys its symmetry, and
prevents the use of that clip. Otherwise it would be a perfect
solution.

Still looking for B18 clips...

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:48:32 +1300, "geoff"