Carl Valle

Default Cassette CD and LP OEM comparison

How do cassette OEM compare to LP and CD?
I uploaded to the below link 4 music samples.
Duran Duran American Science - from LP and Cassette
Yes Rhythm of Love - From CD and Cassette
Excuse the selections, I don't own many Cassette Originals
Also are "Images" are photo of equipment used:
TEAC CX351 cassette deck which has been 'blueprinted' and a Pioneer PL-L1000
and Audio Technica A8008 along with a special Damping Disc. Also a picture
of the awesome blue-printed AKAI GX-646. The recordings were made on a
Pioneer PDR509 and then transferred to a Sony VAIO and written to MP3.
(I wanted to load the wav files, but they take forever to download even with
broadband)
It took me some time to get these uploaded, I hope you can find it
interesting.
I hope it works...

Carl

Arny Krueger

Carl Valle wrote:
How do cassette OEM compare to LP and CD?
I uploaded to the below link 4 music samples.
Duran Duran American Science - from LP and Cassette
Yes Rhythm of Love - From CD and Cassette
Excuse the selections, I don't own many Cassette Originals
Also are "Images" are photo of equipment used:
TEAC CX351 cassette deck which has been 'blueprinted' and a Pioneer
PL-L1000 and Audio Technica A8008 along with a special Damping Disc.
Also a picture of the awesome blue-printed AKAI GX-646. The
recordings were made on a Pioneer PDR509 and then transferred to a
Sony VAIO and written to MP3. (I wanted to load the wav files, but
they take forever to download even with broadband)
It took me some time to get these uploaded, I hope you can find it
interesting.
I hope it works...

Carl, still too cheap to line up a proper web site?

Instead, you're forcing people to register for spam by Yahoo?

Carl

Carl Valle wrote:
How do cassette OEM compare to LP and CD?
I uploaded to the below link 4 music samples.
Duran Duran American Science - from LP and Cassette
Yes Rhythm of Love - From CD and Cassette
Excuse the selections, I don't own many Cassette Originals
Also are "Images" are photo of equipment used:
TEAC CX351 cassette deck which has been 'blueprinted' and a Pioneer PL-L1000
and Audio Technica A8008 along with a special Damping Disc. Also a picture
of the awesome blue-printed AKAI GX-646. The recordings were made on a
Pioneer PDR509 and then transferred to a Sony VAIO and written to MP3.
(I wanted to load the wav files, but they take forever to download even with
broadband)
It took me some time to get these uploaded, I hope you can find it
interesting.
I hope it works...

Carl

Sorry - The correct link is this

Carl

Arny Krueger wrote:

Carl Valle wrote:

[...]

I don't want to maintain a web page - just a file location
maybe this works better to get in...

Arny Krueger

Carl wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:

Carl Valle wrote:

[...]

Obviously Carl, maintaining a web page would be way over your head. And,
knowing that all you have to upload the files to your web server -no page
needed- and post the URLs, would also be way too much to expect from you.

First off, Carl, your samples are poorly edited crap, typical of what one
gets from no-tech people who can't fathom even the simplist audio editor,
including a simple feebie like Audacity.

Case in point, the tweeter-busting transient at the start of
ROL+from+CD+mp3.mp3 .

Whiile we're on the topic of that crappy piece of work, let's talk about all
of the clipped samples.

Speaking of clipped samples, there's always your tape version.

The tape sample also has tons of hiss, sounds somewhat compressed, and the
highs are obviously rolled-off.

What's your point Carl, except that that cassette sounds like crap, you are
both intellectually and physically lazy, you don't know how to set up a
proper comparison, and apparently you can't hear obvious differences?

It's so rewarding Carl, when people who have been as ugly to me in the past
as you've been, publicly demonstrate their consummate incompetence on so
many levels, like this.

Carl

Arny Krueger wrote:
Carl wrote:

Arny Krueger wrote:

Carl Valle wrote:

[...]

so you were able to get them then...
good
that's all i wanted.
Have a nice day
Carl
Arny Krueger

Carl wrote:

so you were able to get them then...
good
that's all i wanted.

So the point of this was to waste my time?

Sander deWaal

"Arny Krueger" said:

so you were able to get them then...
good
that's all i wanted.

So the point of this was to waste my time?

Don't you have a free will, Arny?

--
Sander deWaal
Vacuum Audio Consultancy
Arny Krueger

Sander deWaal wrote:
"Arny Krueger" said:

so you were able to get them then...
good
that's all i wanted.

So the point of this was to waste my time?

Don't you have a free will, Arny?

How would that be a relevant question?

Sander deWaal

"Arny Krueger" said:

So the point of this was to waste my time?

Don't you have a free will, Arny?

How would that be a relevant question?

You downloaded the files and listened to them, didn't you?
Did Carl make you do it?

--
Sander deWaal
Vacuum Audio Consultancy

Arny Krueger

Sander deWaal wrote:
"Arny Krueger" said:

So the point of this was to waste my time?

Don't you have a free will, Arny?

How would that be a relevant question?

You downloaded the files and listened to them, didn't you?

Yes.

Did Carl make you do it?

Of course not, but that doesn't improve the relevancy of your quesiton,
Sander.

First off Sander, why not explain how your involvement in this situation
makes any sense at all.

Sander deWaal

"Arny Krueger" said:

So the point of this was to waste my time?

Don't you have a free will, Arny?

How would that be a relevant question?

You downloaded the files and listened to them, didn't you?

Yes.

Thanks for admitting you're wasting your time voluntarily Arny.

Did Carl make you do it?

Of course not, but that doesn't improve the relevancy of your quesiton,
Sander.

Oh, but it does Arny.

First off Sander, why not explain how your involvement in this situation
makes any sense at all.

Your request is irrelevant Arny since we were discussing the question
whether you have a free will or not.
You said you were wasting your time Arny. Now why would you do so
voluntarily?

BTW I don't hate you, Arny.

--
Sander deWaal