Okkie

Default Tech. Doc. needed JBL system in Peugeot 406 Coupe

Hi,

Since about a month I own a Peugeot 406 Coupe. I bought it with the optional
Clarion / JBL RM2 audio system. Due to a faulty order at the dealer, the
audio system is delivered and installed without the JBL power amplifier. So
the speakers are fed by the orginal RM2 car radio from Clarion...

As you can imagine, the audio quality of the resulting system is pretty bad
in relation to the system I ordered. Main reason is that the Clarion has
only a small built-in amp and no filtering or crossover is installed
(woofers and tweeters just parallel !). Now I'm looking for a solution to
obtain a better situation. To understand the orginal system better, I'm
looking for technical details of the JBL audio system (amp + speakers) as
normally installed in this car from Peugeot.

I've been looking heavily on WWW, but no detailed info about the system is
available at all. My dealer also can't help me, he just sucks in everything
that has to do with audio. Car-dealers just don't understand these kind a
things....

Anyone who can help me with technical details, or maybe tell me where to
find it ? Peugeot isn't an option, as far as I'm concerned....

Best regards,

Mischa van Santen
Netherlands