Z Gluhak

Default question for Eddie

Eddie, do you know of a place in San Antonio (since you are in
Houston) that does care about customers and isn't over priced. I have
lived here 6 years now and end up buying from crutchfield or ebay so I
don't have to listen to stories about how the speakers from brand x
suck and that I should buy brand y (and funny thing is brand x used to
be the "good" brand at that store and now it's brand y). I just hate
it when someone tries to tell my that Focals are the best speakers.
That's like saying Mercedes is the best car. Hello? What about
Lexus, BMW, list goes on. And I don't like Focals, they use aluminum
tweets that hurt my ears.

Just curious if you have some contacts in SA since you are in the biz.
Driving to Houston to your store seems a bit far....3 hours.

thanks,

-Z
mk

i live in austin..and Xtreme Sounds got great deals..plus their main guy
Mike is so ****ing informative...try them out
hes at the s lamar location

"Z Gluhak" wrote in message
m...
Eddie, do you know of a place in San Antonio (since you are in
Houston) that does care about customers and isn't over priced. I have
lived here 6 years now and end up buying from crutchfield or ebay so I
don't have to listen to stories about how the speakers from brand x
suck and that I should buy brand y (and funny thing is brand x used to
be the "good" brand at that store and now it's brand y). I just hate
it when someone tries to tell my that Focals are the best speakers.
That's like saying Mercedes is the best car. Hello? What about
Lexus, BMW, list goes on. And I don't like Focals, they use aluminum
tweets that hurt my ears.

Just curious if you have some contacts in SA since you are in the biz.
Driving to Houston to your store seems a bit far....3 hours.

thanks,

-Z

acull

hey Ed, what is the following physical unit and why is it important
in car
audio? The unit is the Joule-Second/Coulomb**2. that reads:

(Joules times seconds)/(coulombs squared)

or:

JS/C**2

Where the "**2" means "to the second power"

no, its not a trick question, though it is an interesting one. There

is a
simple answer, and it is very important to car audio, both in theory

and in
practice. There's no calculus or electromagnetic waves theory, or

even AC
circuit theory required.

Do you know what a JS/C**2 is?

Ok let's let a college boy who knows jack about car audio have a crack
at this...
first put JS/C^2 into base units (using the notation [] for base
units)

so [JS/C^2] = [J]s/[C][C]
now [J]=kgms^-2 and [C]=As

hence [JS/C^2] = (kgms^-2)/A^2*s^2 = kgmsA^-2 so this is your answer
scientifically. JS/C^2 is kgmsA^-2 in base units.

If you want to keep it in a recognisable form look at it like this ...
Js/C^2 = Js/(A^2*S^2) = (Js/s^2)*A^-2 = (J/s)*A^-2 = WA^-2 which is
Watts per Amp squared. This is similar to what someone previously
posted, but got volts confused with amps. Is this the right answer,
and did someone suggest that Watts/Amp^2 is important in car audio?

Im a newbie with all this car audio stuff, but im doing A-Level
physics so i should be right

as for Watts per volt squared, W/V^2 i dont know what this is supposed
to be.
you can change it to an equivalent form:
W/V^2 = (J/s)*(C^2/JS) = C^2/Js = (A^2*s^2)/Js = A^2s/J
but i dont know what amp squared seconds per joule means in car audio.
Scientifically it is momentum times amps squared....?!

hope my post gets there before you post the answers "ha ha ha"
Eddie Runner

Im in Houston and I dont even know any good places here!

I would hate to have to shop for car audio... Most of the
guys in most of the shops are arrogant assholes with no
sense of humor at all...

Last time I was in a strange shop I asked the salesman who
the installer was and they said "BOB is our head installer"!

So I asked them if Bob does the heads, who does the amps
and speakers?? (ha ha)

They looked at me like I was from Mars or something...???
Didnt even get a simple joke, I wouldnt want them working on
my car... to me a good sense of humor is a sign of self confidence
and intellegence....

Plus, like you said, all speakers are CRAP except what they sell.
You know they are gonna tel you those lies before you
actually even enter the store...

Z Gluhak wrote:

Eddie, do you know of a place in San Antonio (since you are in
Houston) that does care about customers and isn't over priced. I have
lived here 6 years now and end up buying from crutchfield or ebay so I
don't have to listen to stories about how the speakers from brand x
suck and that I should buy brand y (and funny thing is brand x used to
be the "good" brand at that store and now it's brand y). I just hate
it when someone tries to tell my that Focals are the best speakers.
That's like saying Mercedes is the best car. Hello? What about
Lexus, BMW, list goes on. And I don't like Focals, they use aluminum
tweets that hurt my ears.

Just curious if you have some contacts in SA since you are in the biz.
Driving to Houston to your store seems a bit far....3 hours.

thanks,

-Z

Mark Zarella

[...]

Wow, talk about convoluted!

1 volt = 1 Joule per coulomb.
1 amp = 1 coulomb per second

So 1 Joule-second per coulomb squared is 1 volt per amp (eg. V/I=R).

So the answer they're looking for is an ohm.

acull

"Mark Zarella" wrote in message ...
[...]

how simple. cant believe i made it so complicated. haha
"its a car audio forum, it doesnt have to make sence" - Homer J Simpon

Kenwood KDC-MP522 Question (just purchased it) Joey Car Audio 2 January 5th 04 10:12 PM
Subwoofer box question Joseph Luner Car Audio 5 December 30th 03 04:13 PM
Faceplate question Joe H. Car Audio 2 December 25th 03 01:24 PM
Impedence question... sanitarium Car Audio 18 December 13th 03 04:35 AM
Yes its a noise question... sorry A. Allen Car Audio 10 July 19th 03 03:00 AM