Matthew Fowle

Default Ear Mics - BlueTooth or Not?

Hello all,

I'm looking for an ear mic / earbud. I'll be hooking it up to my
computer, any interface is ok with me. Main function is going to be
playing music. After that, voice reckognition. Very occasionally for
realtime conversations.

Theres two pretty much opposite needs i have for this. First, it needs
to be able to handle whisper cases. I'd like to be able to take brief
notes with this system while in class. Then on the other hand, I do a
good bit of biking (the pedal kind) and would like for whatever solution
i get to work while biking, both in terms of being able to deal with
noise and providing enough volume to hear whats happening.

I'm vaguely considering a bluetooth device. the HBH-60 would be the
absolute upper limit for bulkiness I could accept. The nokia looks
decent. The Bluespoon digital is just too expensive, but man does it
ever look sweet. I'm highly skeptical that i'd get half decent music
listening with thse devices. I do not want to have to push a button to
talk! I also need something which will stay affixed to my head, doesnt
have to endure serious abuse, but should let me rotate my head
ariously. Lastly, its just another battery to charge. This last
problem i can cope with, but the othersare serious barriers to entry for
me.

The BT4000 looks great for noise cancellation. HBH-60 looks like it has
good sound quality incoming. Bluespoon looks like the master of
recording. Do any bear little enough weaknesses to be worthy of
consideration?

If the bluespoon digital could catch whisper's, live up to its
expectations for sound filtering, and provide adequate sound, i might
actually be willing to make the investment.

Are there any 802.11b products?

The thing is, I'd be just as happy with a "bone-transducer" ear mic; of
the wired variety. A VOX unit capable of picking up whispers, ignoring
some background noise and providing decent (good would be nice) sound
out would be... heavenly. I dont really care about a stinking wire.

Whats the deal with the secret service air tube variety... the ones that
have external elements with the coily air tube? What purpose does that
serve?

Anyone have suggestions for what to look for. I really need help!
Matt

PS: Very sorry for crossposting. This is a very wide hard to deal wit
htopic, and I'm hoping to tap a diverse group for help with it.