Nick H (UK)

Default Marian Marc2 - any opinions and experiences with it?!

Ralph Stens wrote:
Hello Philipp,

I use the Marc 2 now for more than 2 years for recording analog
tapes to CD and digital SPDIF signals (ADR tuner). It is a
wonderful and very good professional audio card. There is
only one big problem - if you want to use the Marc 2 with Linux
you have no chance, but the Windows implementation works great
(I use a 2000 system).

I tried to buy one recently, but the supplier found it hard to source.
I ended up buying an RME digi/96 PST, with which I am well pleased. My
priority was for better quality playback from the PC through the hifi --
results are excellent. But it blew my budget completely, especially as
I had to add an external mixer to control analog input. So :-) and :-( !

- record AUDIO from external sources (I´m not interested in wavetables /
MIDI stuff) in decent quality (something better than that crappy borrowed
SB live I´ve been using for some months now)

My thoughts were to buy a card that did nothing else but analog and
digital stereo I/O, thus hopefully spending the money on quality rather
than unwanted features.

Nick H

- I use Cakewalk Sonar for audio-recording, Cubase SX for mixing

- have the ability to copy recordings digitally from/to my MD-recorder
(Sony MDS-JE 500, only _optical_ TOSLINK digi IO !!!)

The Marc 2 has optical and electrital digital I/O's.

Best regards

Ralph