Bob Cain

Scott Dorsey wrote:
Bob Cain wrote:

How were they very different, Mike? The things are so dirt
simple that it's hard to see where there is any room for
difference.

The capsule design is very different,

Hmmm, I had one of the old ones years ago and it had a 1/4"
aluminum can electret in it which I'm pretty sure is the
same as the current model. At about $.35 in OEM quantities
it's pretty difficult to understand why they'd have
substituted something inferior to the WM60A which I've seen
reported as the original capsule.

Don't they both hold the capsule in a similar cantilever
over a flat plate with the same gap?

The problem is that if you put a clean and flat omni against a boundary,
you get a rising top octave.

Why is that? What happens at a reflective surface isn't
frequency dependant. It should be no different than having
it in free space between two identical rooms with identical
contents and sources in them (thus the 6 dB increase in
sensitivity.)

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein