Bob Drake

Default Problem with 24 bit aiff when copied from PC to Mac

Thanks Brian.
I would have given him wav files but he specifically asked for aiff. I
honestly think it is teh first time he's ever done a project where he had to
trade files between not only Mac/PC but also PT/Samplitude. I remember how
surprised he was that I simply dragged his files into a new Samplitude
project...he was expecting some kind of problems. Anyway after this he will
maybe trust me a little more next time

"Brian Tankersley" wrote in message
What I find is that these days, WAV is the safest bet all around. I've
not seen a recent problem going in either direction via WAV. FWIW, Pro
Tools is just as happy working purely in WAV format these days as it is
in SD2.

Brian T

Bob Drake wrote:

Thank you for the info. I've also just sent the guy a CDR with 24 bit wav
files instead, and await his response. Meanwhile I will note what you

have
mentioned here for future reference.
BD
www.bdrak.com