Ross Matheson

"Ian Iveson" wrote:

: Thanks, Ronald. No I don't read German (wish I did...only foreign
: language I know even a bit of is Latin, unfortunately. I blame the
: Jesuits.) but I can read the pictures and the flow of equations :-)

Here's a link to the first part of the page translated by Google
(unfortunately Google translations have a word/character limit)
http://tinyurl.com/i3fi

But he doesn't use a double screen choke, and appears in fact to be
running them as triodes with 1k (G2) grid stoppers.

: Now I remember what a SEPP is and hey, I have the parts to build one
: right now, with ECC81 and a spare pair of 6CH6. PS would be awkward
: though. No chance of driving these speakers either, says the humble
: Choky.
:
: But where does the "double choke come in"? Still don't quite know
: what I'm on about. Looking through the thread I can't see a current
: link to that circuit. Coupling the screens? At a guess only
: problem might be capacitance.

I've just emailed you the pdf discussion pages and the basic circuit gif.
I've also just posted the basic circuit (no values) gif on a.b.s.e.

I'll see if I can figure out a way to reduce the size of the discussion
pages for an easier download post, as I suspect a ~390kb pdf might be too
large for some servers (although I did post it once late last year, and
the binaries archive did pick it up and hold it for some time at the time)
http://www.usenet-replayer.com/groups/alt%2Ebinaries%2Eschematics%2Eelectronic.en.html.g z
OTOH, just doing a search there (choosing "More" and selecting pdf only,
long time-base, 300 results) shows at least a 449kb pdf archived, so what
the hell, I may just post it again as-is if I can't reduce the filesize.
Look out for it soon ... (not quite yet) [ie earlier the one is long gone]

[Not suggesting anybody bother with that search, but perhaps a reminder of
this useful archive and its search functions is timely for future ref.:-)]

Regards, Ross