Ronald

"Lemoncha" schreef in bericht
om...
Hi group,

I bought some EL86 recently, and want to build an OTL amplifier for my
800 ohm speakers. Does anyone have some cheap, quality 60Hy double
chokes to spare for this application, or can anyone tell me where to
have them made? I discussed this matter with Sowter Transformers but
they don't know what a double choke is. The Philips book says to use
60H double chokes. There is also a EL86 SPP article in the May 2003
issue of Audioxpress which tells me to use 30H (I think there will be
less bass if a 30H DC is used). Both authors never specify the
details about this double choke. I need more details about them, ie
winding details.

Thanks a lot!

I had a look at the file Ross was talking about and there it says 2 x 5H is
enough
for 30Hz .
So the first thing that came to mind was using 2 power trannies and try to
get both
primaries on one bobine/core .
That wouldn't be to hard if the trannies have 2 chambers and a core that can
be taken
appart (not welded or something) .

Ronald .