Scott Gardner

Default Mechanic blames amplifier for alternator failing?? Help>>>>>>>>>>>

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 05:30:02 GMT, "Mark Zarella"
wrote:

I am wondering if my Acura will accept a higher output Alternator?
Aren't the car's chips programmed for a certain amperage rate?
I'll ask the mechanic in the morning.

I don't see how that can be the case.

Mark's right - a higher-capacity alternator doesn't force more current
into you car's electrical system, it just means that more current is
available if it's needed. Your car's computerized systems won't know
the difference, as long as the voltage is correct.

Scott Gardner