Fill X

Default Shure V15 vs. Blue Point Special?

At a $300 price level, there are inevitable tradeoffs, and each person
judges these differently, and the same person (moi) judges them differently
at different points in time.

Yes, but you must also bear in mind the matching of the tonearm to the
cartridge and the cartridge to the phono amp etc. When you have a cartridge
known for a "sound" like the grado or the BPS, inevitably you're going to have
love/hate reactions. A grado which is more focused to the midrange and "laid
back" a bit in the high end can be just the thing for some systems and some
people. Same story with the BPS. However, I wouldn't equate a brighter
cartridge with having more "detail" just like I don't feel one with less has
"more bass". It's a very subjective thing for all of us.

P h i l i p

"I'm too ****ing busy and vice-versa"

- Dorothy Parker