Norman M. Schwartz

Default Shure V15 vs. Blue Point Special?

"Uptown Audio" wrote in message
This mirrors my experience as well. I actually used the Platinum on a
Rega P3 with no problem and got fabulous sound. There was an extremely
small level of hum at the very end of the Lp sides that was covered
over completely by the music and by comparison surface noise can be
much greater, so that has always been more of a rumor than a truth.

The combo of a TT and cartridge which picks up hum bugs the hell out of me.
There are so many matches, all of which yield which can give great results
and sound, why choose one that does? I'd prefer to go out of my way to find
an arrangement which will not produce any hum whatsoever. In addition, in my
set-up (Tympanis) with two large woofer panels the hum is not so
inconsiderable. Even if you don't notice the hum, reproducing this
distortion or "noise" it is simply a wasting of your amp's power output.
When you lift up the arm at the end of the LP you will hear that it is truth
*and not* rumor.