Henry Grimmius

Default Nakamichi/KEF Equipment Questions

Harry Lavo wrote:

The one exception may be the CD player, where an inexpensive CD/SACD player
(Sony), CD/DVD-A player (Panasonic), or Universal player (Pioneer) can be
obtained for under $250 and probably would sound as good/better on CD and
allow you to also play some of the newer hi-rez media (not to mention
videos).

I finally hooked up the CD player into my work system (now don't laugh, it
serves its purpose--Marantz PMD320 pro CD player, Mackie 1402VLZ Pro mixer,
Hafler P4000 amp and Dynaudio BM6 speakers). I was pleasently suprised. Sounded
pretty decent. Plenty of weight. The image had pretty decent depth. Certainly
better than the Marantz. The one thing that bothered me, at least for my use,
is that there is no digital out. Great for basic listening but I do use the
digital outs in my proffesion (audio engineer). As soon as I get a chance, I am
going to bring this stuff home in a more familiar listening environment and
replace my Bryston pre & power amp, Rotel CD player and Dunlavy SC-1 speakers.
Should be interesting in the very least.

Henry Grimmius
Fresno, CA