Soundfreak03

Default ALL amps are equal??

I take all NG advice with a grain of salt, regardless of who its from.
We all hear things differntly. What might be inaudible to one, may be
audible to some one else. Gotta keep that in mind, because audio
equipment evaluation is such a subjective thing.

But Garrett, keep in mind that certain things are accepted as scientific fact.
You cant hear the difference between .05% THD and .1% THD or a damping factor
of 100 vs 200. Things like that are not subjective.

To my ears the old hifonics amps seem to clip more gently when pushed.
Maybe other high end amps sound the same or better..

That could be true. Some amps will have a built in compression circuit(or
something similar) to ease the audibility of clipping. The Crown MacroTechs and
the Meyer amps both have a feature similar to this. Both to protect drivers and
limit noise. But the discussion here is driving an amp withing its limits, no
clipping.

These crunch amps are
supposed to be un-reliable turds, but they work just fine for me. They
do about 825x1 into 2 ohms.

Had a crunch amp for about 6 years now and its still going. I have never had
trouble out of those. IMO good bang for the buck.

In high school I had pyramid gold series amps and I thought they sounded
great for the price. I always got good SQ and noise floor scores at
iasca events with these amps too...

Right. But by Pugs logic they should have sounded like **** cause they said
pyramid. But they didnt.

Oppinions will vary, so be it.

If we were only discussing opinions it would be easy. But its a matter of fact
vs fiction.I can provide proof (and have), Pug cannot.

Les