sanitarium

Default ALL amps are equal??

I take all NG advice with a grain of salt, regardless of who its from.
We all hear things differntly. What might be inaudible to one, may be
audible to some one else. Gotta keep that in mind, because audio
equipment evaluation is such a subjective thing. Thats why I
(absolutely) HAD to do my own aperiodic sub install. Ive heard sooo
many pros / cons and oppinions that I wanted to give it a shot. I am
happy I did, now I know first hand.

I like the sound of my Hifonics VIII amps for sound stage and Crunch
amps for sub-bass...
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...8_107_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...68_26_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...68_95_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...68_63_full.jpg

To my ears the old hifonics amps seem to clip more gently when pushed.
Maybe other high end amps sound the same or better.. Who knows. Who
cares when I can get these used on ebay for $80. These crunch amps are
supposed to be un-reliable turds, but they work just fine for me. They
do about 825x1 into 2 ohms.

In high school I had pyramid gold series amps and I thought they sounded
great for the price. I always got good SQ and noise floor scores at
iasca events with these amps too... although I'd get whoop'd in dbs
competing against 1 ohm HCCAs and Autoteks. My friends were shocked
Pyramid Korean crap could sound so good and get decently loud at the
same time.

Oppinions will vary, so be it.

Garrett

Pug Fugley wrote:

Zarella and Soundfreak are going nuts over here swearing up and down that
amps like Kenford, Dual, Sparkomatic, and Rockwood are the exact same thing
as JL Audio, Xtant, Brax, Zapco, or McIntosh.

Is this the general thought of this newsgroup? Do you guys take advice from
these idiots???