lm

Default Monitors for mastering

Hi to all RAP's users,

Is it possible to find a monitor's system (active preferred, but nothing
against passive) good enough for mastering in the $3500/$5000 price range ?

I know that the room will be the main thing and it will be checked by an
acoustic's tech before installing gear.

It's a little room with strange trapezoidal proportions ( L=20' W=12' at
one wall 10' at the other Ceiling= 10').

I'll certainly go to AES in Barcelona, so I'll be able to hear some monitors
(like Focal, Quested, and others) that I can't hear at my usual audio shops.

What models should I consider which could fit my budget ?

Thanks for your answers.

Regards,

Laurent.