Syl

Default Using series SE OPT as PP OPT

Here's a dumb one.

I am more familiar with SS than tube audio so forgive me if this
question sounds "simple".

I have access to a ton of SE OPT used primarily for old radioz
using 50L6 and similar OP tubes. I was thinking of using two of
those txfmrs in series to build a PP OPT using a pair of 50L6
as an experiment. Has anyone done this or is Major Disaster
waiting for me ?

Also I've seen schematics with OP txfmrs in parallel to
support a higher total output, is this acceptable ?

A while ago I asked info for building an 807 PP amp,
it's in the works and will post when done. Can't wait
to listen to it thru my Tannoy Dual Concentric...Wonder
if it'll sound better than my Mosfets amp...Mmmm...
I shouldn't say things like that here...But the PSU is a
multi-taps, SS regulated. It also feeds the filaments
with a current regulated supply. Is this overkill ? ;o)

Thanks,
Syl