Howard Ferstler

dave weil wrote:

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:39:56 -0500, Howard Ferstler
wrote:

Yuck.

No doubt you are very familiar with the unit and have
listened to it extensively and compared it closely with
other models.

You mean like you are with Quad speakers, right?

We do need to remember that I never bad mouthed those
speakers and never said that they would not stand up against
competing models. I left the topic open.

What I did say is that on a tape I have of a Floyd Toole
lecture he did not have much good to say about Quad
speakers. Given his feelings about imaging, soundstaging,
flat response, and controlled dispersion, one would have to
wonder about what the Quads could do that would matter to
objective listeners.

But, who knows, perhaps they are sensational.

Howard Ferstler