Howard Ferstler

"George M. Middius" wrote:

Brother Horace the Clueless (Redux) puled:

OK, so I do not closely follow your purchasing decisions.
So, just what Lexicon unit do you own? I am pretty certain
that someone here, quite some time ago, said that you owned
a DC-1. If you have one of the earlier units it is time to
upgrade. If you have one of the later processors, you will
be a fool to upgrade at this time.

Do tell. Really. If you have anything useful to contribute, let it out.
Bear in mind that the unit I have, which is an MC-1 as you should well know
because I've talked about it several times, does not have component video
switching or 7-channel surround. Or a tuner.

You can add a tuner. The MC-1 should already have seven
channels: L,C, and R up front, plus the two side surrounds
and the two back surrounds. It has the Logic-7 circuit, and
that requires those seven outputs.

As for component switching, well, yes, if you have a
super-duper TV it would pay to add that option. I will say
that any of the other units you mentioned will probably not
be able to match the Logic-7 or Music Logic circuits when it
comes to dealing with the generation of surround sound from
two-channel sources. On the other hand, the Yamaha units I
have reviewed can give those Lexicon functions genuine
competition, at least with some room/speaker configurations.

Not true, moron.

Mean, petty, and proto-witty. I rest my case.

But Harold, you ineffable jackass, you puff yourself up constantly by
calling people "moron" as well as other puerile names.

In my usage, this is not name calling. This is accurately
describing audio nitwits.

Can't I be just as
mean and petty as you are, and still keep my stellar wit?

You ain't all that witty, Middius.

I've already done some of my own research. The best choices I've found
under $1500 are Adcom, Rotel, and Marantz. Of course you don't know
anything about any of their models, being both clueless and useless.

I have not reviewed any of them. However, assuming that they
have the usual required features (especially DPL II, if you
are truly interested in music reproduction), any of them
should work just fine.

Do they have component video switching, sufficient digital coaxial audio
inputs, OSD, 7-channel surround, and a tuner? Huh? Do they? Do you know
which models are out, and which of them have which features? Do you have
even a hint of a shadow of a ghost of a clue?

Well, they probably have component switching, and the
required number of inputs. Their OSD features are probably
OK, but I rather prefer a decent front-panel readout for
music listening. As I noted elsewhere, you can purchase a
separate tuner. Regarding their 7-channel abilities, all
probably fall short of what the MC-1 can do with two-channel
surround synthesizing. Most AV receivers cannot do all that
well, although if they have DPL II they probably are good
enough for you.

Do you know where the Outlaw 950 falls short?

As for the 950, I have no idea of its capabilities.

Then you should hang your head in shame, and also shut your yapping gob.

I get the impression that your alternative sockpuppet handle
was once Roy Briggs.

Howard Ferstler