Michael McKelvy

"squig" wrote in message
"George M. Middius" wrote in message

squig said:

That's the crime of Catholic old farts. The Protestant ones are much

more
given to adultery, embezzling, and outright fraud.

When we compare ourselves to others, I'm certain we can find those who

are
less moral. Compare ourselves to Christ and we don't appear nearly as

well.

You mean compare yourself to a fantastic ideal. That person is not among
the living. Dream on if you want to.

In the end, one of us is right and the other is wrong. If I'm wrong,
little
is lost. If you're wrong, much is lost.

Actually it's possible for both of you to be wrong.

You are wrong in assuming Christian philosophy is one that men should or
even can live by.

George is wrong in exaggerating the failings of the clergy.