Matt Distefano

Default Audio Source vs. Cambridge Audio vs. NAD vs. Adcom

"Mark" wrote in message
Is Audio Source or Cambridge Audio any good? I am looking at these
components to replace a NAD 7100 receiver;

(1) An Audio Source PreAmp/Tuner Two and 150w Amp Three for a total of
about $740. Is Audio Source crap, or OK?

I had an Audiosource Amp Two for a while, and was pretty pleased with the
sound it gave. I wasn't quite as impressed with the preamp (model Pre-One, I
think), though it wasn't a total piece of crap either. The stepped volume
control is what eventually drove me to get rid of it, though I'm not sure if
the Preamp/Tuner Two uses the same setup or not.

(2) A Cambridge Audio T500 Tuner, C500 Preamp, two P500 50w Amps for a
total of about 1156.

(3) NAD C160 Preamp, C420 Tuner, and C270 120w Amp for 1280.

(4) Adcom GFP-170 Preamp, 125w GFA-5400 Amp for 1248 (+ cost of a
tuner) I can't find an Adcom tuner, except for the multi-zone GTP-506
Tuner/Preamp ...

Stick with NAD? Any recommendations or advice are welcome! Thanks in
advance.

--
Mark R. Ransom
Raleigh, North Carolina USA