Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Computer Sound

On Nov 10, 9:30 am, wrote:

I have never come across this much
hostility on the internet for the way I phrase things, and honestly, I
am sorry if you feel offended, but frankly, I don't agree. It's just
banter, and I thought this place would be friendly, and we could have
friendly banter

Friendly banter is fine, but there are some standard terms that mean
specific things and you can't just toss those around to knowledgeable
people imprecisely. Either you need to know what the terminology means
and use it properly or you need to indicate clearly that you don't
know the right term but it "sounds like this" and then learn.

I didn't review the thread, but if you started out by defining your
problem incorrectly while trying to sound like you know what you're
talking about, people will lose patience with you. This happens a lot
here.

While there really isn't a very good FAQ for this newsgroup, there is
one. We encourage people to at least be familiar with the basics and
know the nature of the differences between professional audio
equipment and equipment used for consumer multimedia applications.

http://www.recaudiopro.net/faq/index.htm