Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Computer Sound

On Oct 29, 10:10 am, Laurence Payne NOSPAMlpayne1ATdsl.pipex.com
wrote:

TOSlink is a cheap-and-cheerful consumer system. If your soundcard
has such an output (it seems yours has) and your amplifier has such an
input, use it. It's the simplest connection.

I thought, too, that it was pretty common in consumer equipment these
days but maybe not as common as I thought. I needed a TOSLink cable
PDQ not too long ago and I figured that Radio Shack would have them
but they don't. Circuit City had a fancy one for about $60 but that
was all they had. Micro Center (computer store) didn't have any either
though their inventory showed that they should. I had to stoop to
buying one at Guitar Center.