Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] chrisharries@gmail.com is offline

Default Computer Sound

All surround speaker sets that cost £100 or less are essentially crap.
They're different flavors of crap so it's up to you to decide what
kind of crap you're willing to listen to. Go to the kind of store that
sells crap computer equipment and tell them that you want to listen to
some speaker systems that cost around £100. That's where you start.

the £100 was for the x-fi sound card "was looking at the x-fire range,
good and about £100 odd
something like Auzen X-Fi Prelude" thats the sound card, NOT the
speakers, at this point I am not putting any money on speakers as I
havn't gone in depth with that, just wondering what sound card and
connectors I need before delving into speakers

That's what you should stick with. You don't know enough to start
messing with fiber optic connections and the various surround encoding
and decoding schemes that you're likely to encounter in hooking them
up. And for £100 you surely won't find speakers that use anything but
"standard" analog mini plugs and jacks.

No no, I don't want to go mad and get in to fiber, something that will
be good, but still not going to rape my bank account. My main point
was more on for what I want, games and films, that aren't rediculous
price's but something still nice.

Look out for ones sold out of the back of a white van stopped at a
traffic light. Don't buy those.

Yes thank you for making me out to be an idiot

Also I enver said I have little money, nor do I know nothing about the
subject, just wanted some help in the right direction.