Joseph Oberlander

Default Seeking advice on speaker cable

Michael Mckelvy wrote:
"Eric the Mac Guy" wrote in message

Hi everybody, I'll admit I'm shamelessly seeking free advice from here -
I'm not an audiophile, just a music and movies addict, and I recently
upgraded my speakers. I have a very small living room so I went with
the Definitive ProCinema 60 set - for anyone not familiar, 4 little
cubes plus a center channel plus a subwoofer. Certainly not high-end
but not the bottom of the barrel either. The receiver, however, is
pretty cheap - a JVC RX-884V. 110 watts per channel.

My question is this: do you think there will be ayn benefit to buying
speaker cable that is better than the standard chintzy cheap cable sold
at all electronics stores? Would Monster cable produce better sound on
this setup? Are there any OTHER types of cable that you would recommend?

The short answer is that the 16 gauge wire sold at Home Depot for about
23cents per foot is as good a wire as any you can buy in terms of sound
quality.

Of course, a spool of 12 gauge electrical wire makes 250 ft of wire
for under $25. Good for all but the heaviest loads and worst impedances.