Leonard

Default Seeking advice on speaker cable

Ref: Cable stuff..

Eric,

By all means check with an Audio store that could arrange
some "loaner" cables. You take them home and in the private
world of your audio domain..listen and swap out cables at
a pace you are comfortable with. You decide, if the less
expensive cables sound better to you, so be it. Whatever
you are content with is the main goal.

Be wary of those on these groups that will tell you what
sounds best to you. Be happy with what "you" select.
But, do be leery of the crowd that will line up on these
Newsgroups and repeat statements made from the middle '90's
as to what is best for everyone else. Pitiful crowd!

Leonard...

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:56:05 -0400, Eric the Mac Guy wrote:

Hi everybody, I'll admit I'm shamelessly seeking free advice from here -
I'm not an audiophile, just a music and movies addict, and I recently
upgraded my speakers. I have a very small living room so I went with
the Definitive ProCinema 60 set - for anyone not familiar, 4 little
cubes plus a center channel plus a subwoofer. Certainly not high-end
but not the bottom of the barrel either. The receiver, however, is
pretty cheap - a JVC RX-884V. 110 watts per channel.

My question is this: do you think there will be ayn benefit to buying
speaker cable that is better than the standard chintzy cheap cable sold
at all electronics stores? Would Monster cable produce better sound on
this setup? Are there any OTHER types of cable that you would recommend?

And finally, the speakers can accept a variety of connectors: banana
plug, pin, spade or ring, according to the description. Any
advantages/disadvantages to any of these?

Thanks in advance,

Eric