Arny Krueger

Default Seeking advice on speaker cable

"Eric the Mac Guy" wrote in message
Hi everybody, I'll admit I'm shamelessly seeking free advice from here -
I'm not an audiophile, just a music and movies addict, and I recently
upgraded my speakers. I have a very small living room so I went with
the Definitive ProCinema 60 set - for anyone not familiar, 4 little
cubes plus a center channel plus a subwoofer. Certainly not high-end
but not the bottom of the barrel either. The receiver, however, is
pretty cheap - a JVC RX-884V. 110 watts per channel.

My question is this: do you think there will be ayn benefit to buying
speaker cable that is better than the standard chintzy cheap cable sold
at all electronics stores?

Yes, some of that is so thin you can thread a needle with it.

The hot tip is 12 gauge stranded 2-conductor low voltage stranded wire from
your local hardware store or home improvement store.

And finally, the speakers can accept a variety of connectors: banana
plug, pin, spade or ring, according to the description. Any
advantages/disadvantages to any of these?

If you're careful and don't create a short, or a loose connection, they all
sound the same.