RB

Default Choir recording venue in L.A.

Just as a suggestion, you might look into ice arenas also. My daughter's
school held their graduation ceremonies in one and, from what I've heard,
the acoustics weren't too bad. If you like, you can judge for yourself.
Here's a link to a recording of my daughter and about 9 of her friends
singing the school alma matter (they volunteered). I recorded it off of the
local cable access channel and the audio was cutting in and out over the
entire recording. I spent a couple hours editing it to fix the cut-outs, but
with the time I had, this is the best I could do.

If you like, here's the link:

http://home.twmi.rr.com/rburnett/song3.mp3

Good luck.

RB

It's one of the nicest alma matters that I've heard and I hope you enjoy
this very flawed recording.
"R Krizman" wrote in message
I'm looking for a place to record a 100 plus voice choir in Los Angeles.

We're
considering everything-churches, concert venues and proper studios. We're
looking into Zipper Hall, but from the recordings I've heard there it

sounds a
bit small and bright. Royce Hall is too expensive.

We need a room that has enough reverb to make it possible for people to

hear
each other and to have a rewarding experience as singers (and therefore

give a
good performance). OTOH, we don't want to wash out the group with a huge
church sound. To my ears most choir recordings are too thin and sibilant,

and
lack character. This particular choir is a collection of mostly amateurs

and
has a very distinctive personality (warm and embracing) that needs to be
captured in the recording. Also, I feel it is important to capture the

correct
sonic ambience on the date, rather than count on adding it later. I've

found
that in choir recordings it's always hard to make digital reverb "stick"

in a
convincing way.

Any and all suggestions would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rick Krizman