Sanitarium

Default I need Woofer not Subwoofer/Bass GTR not Kick drum

Hmm... 6x9's in front? Do you mean they are door mounted? That could
be your problem right there. Most 6x9s have thiele small parameters
optimized for free air application and need HUGE enclosure volumes. Im
willing to bet that a door install is less than optimal for this
speaker.

I am not a fan of EQs being used to compensate for installation
defficiencies (see my post below). from my experience EQs are not
capable of over coming the laws of physics. I would suggest moving the
6x9s to the rear deck, giving them the large enclosure volume they need,
and adding a 6.5" component set in the front door.

Hope this helps... I can go into more detail if you like.

Garrett

Don wrote:

I've got a nakamichi HU running boston 6x9s in front, nothing on rear,
and a infinity basslink sub woofer amp. I love the sound except I think
I have a hole in my frequency response around 100 - 300 kH. I have tons
of kick drum and low bass but not enough mid/high bass. Everything's in
phase.

I'm trying to decide if I should get one of these new heads that have
parametric eq built in(Alpine, Pioneer) or if I should add woofers on
the rear of the head. Any recommendations for a size of woofer that'll
give me what I want? I have some 5.5 inch boston two way but they seem
to exaggerate the problem. I could put a cap on them so they don't add
high mid/ highs. I don't want to spend money on an amp right now,
besides it's loud enough.

The guys at circuit city say they have the same problem. They couldn't
figure out the controls on the decks with parametric eq well enough to
show me if they could solve my problem.

Any help is appreciated
Don