Jason

Default I need Woofer not Subwoofer/Bass GTR not Kick drum

"Don" wrote in message ...

Thanks for the responses.

Yah, I meant 100-300Hz.
There's no crossovers on the deck, the 6x9 is a three way full range
speaker. I'll reverse the phase of one of the 6x9's to see if that
helps, but they should already be in phase. I'll also reverse the phase
of the sub.

I can't use a equalizer without adding a amp afterwards.

The vehicle is a trooper 4x4. It's pretty big, I thought the natural
acoustics might be responsible for the dip.
Also, the bass eq on the deck seams to be centered at lower frequencies
so I can't turn it up without adding too much sub bass. The kid at
circuit city said this common these days, everyone wants to go boom.

Can anyone recommend a 5", 6" or 8" woofer that won't act like a sub?
Under $100?

When I played around with the parametric eq's on alpine and pioneer
decks I couldn't dial in the right frequency and turn it up enough. They
only boost about 6db.

Thanks for all your help, Don

Let us know how the phase test goes. You REALLY shouldn't have a big
midbass problem. Might be slight, since you arent amping the 6x9s, and HUs
dont generally put out enough power to compete with a sub, BUT it shouldnt
be so annoying that you would post about it.