Jay Kadis

Default big differences in S/PDIF cables?

In article (Scott Dorsey)
writes:
Kurt Albershardt wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:

If you are worried about this, get the cable with the tightest impedance
specs. Belden makes plenty of nice stuff and you can believe the numbers
in the catalogue.

And at the lengths used in typical studio setups, almost anything will
work. Many S/PDIF transmitters put out higher levels, and good
receivers will tolerate an amazing range of inputs.

Unfortunately there are a lot of bad receivers out there, even on some
fairly expensive products in current manufacture. I mean really, really
bad receivers.

And the reason you hear people talking about audible differences in digital
cabling is because they really do hear it, because their receiver designs
really stink. MANY of them cannot derive an accurate clock. I'm not
mentioning any names but vendor P is a big offender.

We ended up hanging a Scientific Conversion, Inc. transformer (SC916-01) on the
input and that cleaned them right up.

-Jay
--
x------- Jay Kadis ------- x---- Jay's Attic Studio ----x