Lymp Baygul

Default A Question about the AR XA turntable.

Glad to help. I own an AR ES-1 with Premier MMT, and it is a great table.
Have had it since it was new in the mid 80's. When I do eventually replace
it, will probably be with one of Music Hall's fine offerings.

There are a couple of AR XA headshells on ebay right now.

"Nicole Kidman" wrote in message
3...
"Lymp Baygul" wrote in
:

I found a couple of good articles that may help, one on refurbishing
the AR, the other on modifying.

Referb: http://www.laaudiofile.com/issue27.pdf
Mod: http://www.laaudiofile.com/issue29.pdf

"Nicole Kidman" wrote in message
3...
I just bought an Acoustic Research XA Turntable on ebay to fix for my
own personal use. The turntable is missing the headshell and the
stylus. I

have
been told that AR TT's use an exclusive headshell that cannot be
replaced with other brands. This means that I will have to either
find an AR headsheall or change the tonearm. Does anyone have advice
on changing the tonearm on this table? Or does anyone know where I
can obtain a headshell that will fit on the AR tonearm?

Please help! Thanks,
Nicole.

Wow,
that was just what I needed. Great literature. Thanks a lot for the tip.
I'm not ready to change the tonearm but the refurb info was really
helpful.
Best,
Nicole.