Arny Krueger

Default A Question about the AR XA turntable.

"Nicole Kidman" wrote in message
3...

I just bought an Acoustic Research XA Turntable on ebay to fix for my own
personal use. The turntable is missing the headshell and the stylus. I

have
been told that AR TT's use an exclusive headshell that cannot be replaced
with other brands. This means that I will have to either find an AR
headsheall or change the tonearm. Does anyone have advice on changing the
tonearm on this table? Or does anyone know where I can obtain a headshell
that will fit on the AR tonearm?

Changing the tonearm on this turntable is a good idea because the standard
tone arm was the worst part of the whole turntable.

One caveat is that the original tone arm had a relatively low profile and
tone arm upgrades are like to obsolete the existing cover.

This individual has been mentioned as having experience in this area:

George Merrill
Underground Sound*
7990 Trinity Road, Suite 124
Memphis, TN 38018