Kalman Rubinson

Default Euphonic versus accurate

On 27 Aug 2003 23:16:36 GMT, "Wylie Williams"
wrote:

I have heard essentially that statement so many times from so many sources.
What is the conflict with euphonic (sounding good) and accurate, anyway?
What is our definition of "accurate" that makes it conflict with
"enjoyable"??

Agreed. Euphonic simply means good-sounding. To me, that also means
accurate.

However, since no reproduction system I've found (yet) is perfectly
accurate, the choice one faces is to choose among the various
failings. This choice is personal and, for each individual, can be
defined as choosing the more 'euphonic' from among the possibilities.
Of course, what's euphonic to one is harsh, muffled, glaring, dead,
etc. to another.

Kal