Khee Mao

"Biz" wrote in message ...
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-b...h&articles=all

you're welcome

Thats not what those rankings mean. It just means that based on the given
tests they perform, which have nothing to do with PQ or SQ, the Oppo scored
well. If you bothered to read the actual reviews you would see that they
said there is no comparison in quality between those 2 players at all...

oh really? chroma, yc, cropping, and btb have nothing to do with pq? hello. if that's not clear enough, maybe you should have actually read the review, as you suggested, which stated:

If you are in the market for a budget DVD player, with DVI output, and which has exceptional video performance, the 971H definitely meets those criteria. This player passes below-black, has no pixel cropping, and there are no signs of Y/C delay. I personally can't wait to see what Oppo has in store for us next.

did you note the part about "exceptional video performance"?

and can you point me to the review that claims there is no quality comparison between the two?