Wylie Williams

Default The sound of speaker cables..insights

"Leonard" wrote
Wylie, your desires regarding mature adults are understood..

Leonard, I see that I was not clear. When I said "I work on the assumption
that all RAHE partcipants should be treated as mature adults", I saw the
emphasis on "should be treated as". Maybe they are; maybe not. It's too
easy to become irritated and start treating people as inferiors and/or
defectives, which leads to writing in a nasty snide tone that lowers the
quality of the discourse. Not that I am above it, just that I know that if
you treat people with disrespect the general tendency is that their
intellectual side closes down, their emotional side takes over. Exchanges of
ideas seldom prosper in that atmosphere.

Wylie Williams