Steven Sullivan

Default The sound of speaker cables..insights

Harry Lavo wrote:
"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message
Maybe they do. So? There are plenty of forums where subjectivists

dominate the
discussion, to the extent even of *banning* skeptical posts on some.

Maybe some people just want to have their beliefs and purchases validated,
rather than actually discuss high fideltiy audio reproduction?

I think you will find they have banned the discussion because they have
degenerated into endless, pointless debate just as here. And they have
decided that the hobby and/or interest in recorded sound has more to offer
than that. So they have banned the dbt debates about speaker cables and
amplifiers, et. al.

What they have done in effect is decide: we don't care about standards
of proof for claims made; and we much prefer to ignore scientific reasoning
and methods, and existing data. And so, instead of just banning the posting of
arrant nonsense as fact, we will ban any *rebuttal* of it as well. It's
treated as if it were a *religious* or *poilitical* debate, rather than
a technical one. And that's because for at least one side, it *does*
appear to be a matter of faith, to the point of even being *hostile*
to the pursuit of *evidence*.

The words 'baby' and 'bathwater' come to mind.

--
-S.