steve grinstead

Default NAD 7100 - will not power up

GO SHOPPING
"Mark" wrote in message
I have a 1991 NAD 7100 receiver that I left on this morning when I left
for work in order to tape something. There were severe thunderstorms
this afternoon during which the power went out at least once and now the
7100 will not power up. It gets AC power through a Monster HT-1000 and
the other components seem to be fine.

This has happened before, but the condition was always corrected by
unplugging the power cord then plugging it back in. That would reset
something, as the receiver is in a 'ready' state anytime it is plugged
in.

I removed the cover and all of the fuses seem to be fine. The front
panel microswitch seems to be fine. The unswitched back panel AC outlet
has power, otherwise, the receiver is dead.

Questions:

Is there something obvious I'm overlooking?

Should just I be happy about 12 years of faithful service from a $630.00
receiver and go shopping?

Thanks in advance!

--
Mark R. Ransom