Raymond

Default "Auto-tune" a spoken voice?

(WBRW) wrote
There's a new
radio commercial by Dick Clark, and while it definitely *is* him
talking, it just doesn't sound natural. At first, I thought some sort
of digital compression "artifacts" were going on, but I've never heard
any that sound like that... in the commercial, Dick's voice has some
strange inflection, pitch, and speed aberrations, and it's clearly not
from a wow-and-fluttery tape recording, either.

There's an "Ultra-carb" radio spot around here that sounds like what your
discribing. Sounds like it was recorded on a very low quality recording unit,
sounds even worse than MP3.